Chris, Autumn, Brittany & Braxton Fagan September 5,2010

Monday, September 6, 2010

Wonderful 3 day weekend!

Happy Labor Day! I am sitting out on my front porch this evening enjoying the breeze and the sounds of small town life. Chris is napping & the kids are playing. The weather is perfect! I love September & October! I can see my Lords artwork in the sky. Braxton knows I am partial to the clouds with the sun shining behind them, and he never misses a chance to tell me, “Mom, it’s like God is saying something to us.” I agree 100%! I don’t know how anyone can see God’s Glory all around us and deny the existence of God. The great I AM is in everything!


We had a really good weekend! Friday my Aunt Nancy & Uncle Ron took Chris, Brittany, Braxton, Mimi, Poppa & I out to dinner at the Fish Nest in Glenwood. We all had a great meal and an even better visit! We love to get to see all of them! We were not ready to leave! It was a great start to a great weekend!

Saturday we hung around the house most of the day then we headed out to the Alpine Fun Fest. We had some great Barbeque for dinner and the kids got to play. Braxton took several rides on the train and had a good time playing on the playground with his good buddy Beau. Brittany got to play with several kids she knew. We stayed till dark and of course the kids were still not ready to leave!

I was really looking forward to Sunday! I had started planning a surprise lunch for Chris at the John Benjamin Community Fishing Pond in Glenwood on Thursday. Thanks to Facebook I was able to pull it off J We had a great morning at Church worshipping our Lord. Then it was time to go to Paige & Jody’s house for lunch, so Chris thought. If he had known I had planned a picnic in his honor he would not have let me. Period. So we headed out from Church and I talked him in to driving up and looking at the pond. Wow was he surprised. His face was showing a constant state of shock at the more and more people who showed up. Especially when his coworkers started arriving. He was so glad to get to visit with so many friends! He only wished that he would have had more time to get to visit with everyone a lot more! He told me he was really glad I did it, but don’t do it again! I just can’t help it! My favorite book as a kid was a Strawberry Shortcake book about planning a party for her friends. I could not wait till I got old enough to do that myself! I just love the whole aspect! Guest, food, fun, visiting, making new friends, fellowship, I even enjoy the planning and putting up decorations! it’s just the clean up I don’t like!


I am so thankful to everyone who came out and helped make the day special. I am especially thankful to Mark & Julie Berry for sharing the story of how God healed their daughter. The kids had such a good time playing with all the other kids. I wish I would have gotten more pictures! I loved getting to visit with everyone!



A lot of us at the picnic wore our Fagan Friends in Faith T-shirts. I thought that was a really nice touch. If you would like to order one orders are due September 12th. They are $15 and come in sizes Youth small (6/8) up to XXXXL. Checks should be made out to Amity First Baptist Church. Email me with any orders or questions autumn_fagan@yahoo.com Any proceeds will go to our family for medical expenses.



We will be occurring quite a few pretty soon it seems. Chris had a doctors appointment Wednesday and we found out that his Doctor is sending him to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota for 2nd opinions etc. He wants us to go to Minnesota because it has the largest cluster of doctors that specialize in Chris’ symptoms. I hope we get to go before it gets to cold! They make movies about how cold it is up there! Not for me!

We already have plane tickets. I got them back in July for a trip to Florida. They are Southwest tickets so we will be able to fly in to Minneapolis. It just amazes me how God works things out. Plane tickets would have been such a huge expenses, but we have already got them! We are excited for our Minnesota trip, to see what God has in store for us there!

Also, after talking to the doctor we decided disability is not the route Chris is going to go. With the insurance we have through his work they will pay for a lot more testing and things that disability insurance will not pay for. Chris is only having to work 32 hours a week now which is really helping a lot. His symptoms are much more pronounced when he gets tired. So not working 50+ hours a week is really helping. And all the prayers, God hears them and he is answering them! Chris has seemed like his old self this week! We have so many people telling us they are praying for us, it means so much! Thank you one and all! I had a friend send me a message today that she was watching the MDA Marathon & thinking of us and praying! Things like that really touch my heart!!

 "Ask, and God will give to you. Search, and you will find. Knock, and the door will open for you.  Yes, everyone who asks will receive. Everyone who searches will find. And everyone who knocks will have the door opened.
 "If your children ask for bread, which of you would give them a stone?  Or if your children ask for a fish, would you give them a snake?  Even though you are bad, you know how to give good gifts to your children. How much more your heavenly Father will give good things to those who ask him! (Matthew 7: 7-11)

I want to share with you something I have really came to see more clearly lately. Since we found out about Chris’ diagnosis we have not watched anything on TV other than preaching or religious shows, the kids are still allowed to watch some pre-approved cartoons and our radio’s have only been tuned in to KLOVE. I still have the unwatched netflix DVD’s that I had the day we found out. I did not realize before how much of the “world” was coming into our home & into our & our children’s ears before. There is so much “smut” on the TV it is not even worth watching most of it. How are kids now suppose to learn any morals when so much that they watch on TV is telling them that its cool. Just do what ever you want, its all about you, have fun! Your young, its normal, enjoy it. BOLOGNA!!! (did u just the Oscar Myer song in your head? I did! Lol) Lets take teens that actually go to Church, they may spend an average of 3 hours a week in Church and another 2 in Bible study on their own. But how much TV or internet are they watching? What is it telling them is ok? I guess what I am getting at here is be careful and monitor those TV’s and computers. I have herd this before but really did not take heed, ah nothing we watch is hurting our kids… again BOLOGNA! They are sponges! The evil one will use any way he can to get to people and I think TV & the computer are two of his biggest tools today. And so much on it is just not good for our kids, its no good for us either! It wastes valuable time that we could spend doing so much more important things and we don’t need to be hearing or seeing that “smut” either.

This evening before Chris layed down to take his nap he asked, do you want to watch 30 minutes of preaching? Sure. We watched a Dr. Charles Stanley episode we had DVRD. It was really good. After words Chris said to me, “maybe God took away some of my strength to give me more of his.” You know I think he did! He has given us so much more spiritual strength during this “storm” than I think we could have ever got otherwise. Thank you Father! I love you all and hope you have a wonderful (short :) week!

No comments:

Post a Comment