Chris, Autumn, Brittany & Braxton Fagan September 5,2010

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Calm Waters

We have a Mayo Clinic Appointment date set. We are to be in Rochester, Minnesota on October 6th at 8:45 am . We have to be prepared to be there from three to six business days. We are planning on leaving on October 4th because with the kind of plane tickets we have there is a risk of getting bumped, so we have got to make sure we get there on time. We are very excited about going and are praying that GOD has the right doctors lined up for Chris! We are just really really gonna miss Brittany & Braxton while were gone!


I have got several t-shirt orders over the last couple of days. Orders for the 1st printing are due September 12th. If you have any ?’s you can email me at autumn_Fagan@yahoo.com All the proceeds from the Fagan Friends T-shirt Fundraiser will be used on expenses incurred while at the Mayo Clinic. We know Chris getting to go to this special clinic is a gift from GOD! A door has opened and we are going to take it!!

I got another shock today, not the 1st & it probably will not be the last, when I got another person acting like Chris is dying. It really bothers me when this happens. Where’s the FAITH people?!? I just don’t know how to react when I am approached like that. It hurts me. I know what GOD is doing! He is taking such good care of Chris’ and I see him getting better everyday!!! I think that’s why I like this blog so much, I can put my feelings into words and not worry about getting broadsided.

I had a little extra time today so I drove down to the trestle bridge in Glenwood. I was sitting at a picnic table eating a late lunch & talking to God, because I was still bothered by the earlier encounter. It began to lightly rain. So I got in the car & turned on the radio. I had a Mercy me CD in & the first line that began playing was:

Word of God Speak
Would you pour down like rain
Washing my eyes to see
Your majesty

To be still and know
That your in this place
Please let me stay and rest
In Your holiness
Word of God speak
I’m finding myself in the midst of You
Beyond the music, beyond the noise
All that I need is to be with You
And in the quiet hear Your voice


I could not help but just laugh. Gods timing is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! Word of God Speak would you fall down like rain! Really!! I then felt like I needed to drive down and park closer to the water. This did not make much sense to me because I would have been parked more in the rain, but when I have one of those feelings I feel like comes from God, I listen.

So I drove down and parked. I was looking out at the water and it began to rain harder, bigger drops. The water all around was stirred up, splashing, bubbling and making rings, except for the water under the bridge. It was so calm, peaceful, tranquil. Then I realized that’s what life is like. We have storms, agitation, things all around that stir us up. But when we ask God to be ruler over our lives and give it all to him, we are like the water under that bridge. We are protected, calm and peaceful. I wish I could have gotten a picture because words are just not enough to describe the difference I saw. I get more amazed by our creator ever day. He really is LOVE.

Jesus Calms a Storm

Jesus got into a boat, and his followers went with him. A great storm arose on the lake so that waves covered the boat, but Jesus was sleeping. His followers went to him and woke him, saying, "Lord, save us! We will drown!"
Jesus answered, "Why are you afraid? You don't have enough faith." Then Jesus got up and gave a command to the wind and the waves, and it became completely calm.
The men were amazed and said, "What kind of man is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!" Matthew 8: 23-27 (NCV)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Autumn. So beautiful! I know God is healing Chris and can't wait to see the healing when he gets back! Whatever happens you KNOW God is in control. Don't let peoples reactions bring you down. Just keep this very memory and blog in your mind! Thanks for sharing! That was so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete