Chris, Autumn, Brittany & Braxton Fagan September 5,2010

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Carbon Monoxide

     We had been notching a “gas” smell every once in a while in our house for the last few months. It always seemed to not last long and go away. We should have been more observant, but if we had it would not be the testimony that it is for the Lord, Our God!
This morning Chris and the kids were already up and I was still in bed. I could not seem to wake up. Chris said that Braxton all of a sudden got up and ran into my room. He started telling me its 10:15 you have to get up, you have to get up. He would not take no for an answer and then he turned the lights on.
    I awoke from a dream where I had a splitting head ache. In the dream I had slipped on concrete and busted my head. I could not get up because of the terrible pain in my head. As I started waking up I was laying in bed trying to gather my thoughts. I knew and said to the Lord, You saved me from something big, You saved my life! What did I have a brain aneurysm or something. I did not understand what was going on, but I knew the Lord had intervened.
    I got up and walked into the living room. Chris and I started watching a DVR’D episode of Joyce Myers and I smelled the gas. I told him pause it, I have to call the gas people right now. I did, and they told me to turn off our gas appliances until their repair man got here. I turned off the furnace and fanned the door to get out the gas smell.
   The repair guy arrived 45 minutes after I called. He came in with his meter and it immediately started going off. He said you need to open some windows now. We opened all the outside doors and let in fresh air. He went out and tested our meter outside while the air inside the home was clearing. When he came back in he started testing our furnace and hot water heater. The problem was found to be our furnace. He totally disconnected it from our natural gas supply line, we can still use our hot water heater and inferred heater.
  Once he was done, Chris and I began asking questions. When he came in our initial reading of carbon monoxide on the house was 195 parts per million. (this was with the furnace being off for 45 minutes and the door being fanned) at 200 parts per million, people start dying. He asked how we smelled the gas. Carbon monoxide is essentially  odorless. He said you must have went outside and came back in and your eyes started burning or something? No we had been in the house the entire time. We could tell he was pretty stunned. I told him about the dream, the headache, etc. He said most people never feel the symptoms, they go to sleep and never wake up. We give all the glory to GOD! He not only saved me this morning, but our entire family! Praise the LORD! He has our family in the palm of His hand is taking care of us! I can’t wait to see what he has in store for us! People have been asking what we are going to do for heat. We have an inferred heater in the living room and the kids have electric heaters in their rooms. We might be a little cooler than usuall, but I would much  rather be a little cold than dead! :) Lol! Chris is doing great, getting better every day! Thanks for all the prayers! We love you all! We read Braxton his Psalm 91 book almost every night. How fitting it is!

Psalm 91:9-16 (NIV)
9 If you say, “The LORD is my refuge,”
   and you make the Most High your dwelling,
10 no harm will overtake you,
   no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
   to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
   so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
   you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

 14 “Because he  loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him;
   I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
   I will be with him in trouble,
   I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
   and show him my salvation
.”

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from rainy Southern California.

    I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to :-)

    May God bless you and your family in 2011 ~Ron

    And always remember: Smiles don't have to be saved for a rainy day. It's good to waste them :-)

    ReplyDelete